Skip to main content

Blueberry Cobbler

Cobblers are one among the best desserts in the world. The warm crumbly crusted top and a gooey, syrupy fruit layer inside. It is perfect for any season. Also the guilt factor is way less, as the natural fruit layer occupies the 80 percent of the cobbler mug. Cobblers can be made in a cake tin or as individual shots. 

This I made in one of my visits to Trivandrum, where I bought some frozen blueberries from Big basket and took with me. I know my lil boy's love for all these berries and English desserts. His food preference and tastes are just like me. I always wonder, oh so me in this small man :) 

My husband sometimes tells me, that he is Carbon copy of mine in looks, but his gestures are all upto you. The way he wraps inside his blanket is just like me, all covered, people won't know someone is inside. The way he loves all this exquisite stuffs, just my tastes, his love for dark chocolate, the chef in me took second birth with him. I have seen his passion in cooking from the time as a toddler crawling up all the way to take a seat on the Kitchen counter top. There are many of such things. last day my husband was explaining the way he eats chicken with bone. Not even a dash of flesh around, another just like me :D

So this is prepared to make my return from school boy happy. See he diving into the bowl, barely anything left there :P



Ingredients:

Fruit layer :

Blueberries frozen or fresh - 1/2 cup
Coconut sugar - 2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Clove powder - 1/4  tsp
Nutmeg powder - 1/4 tsp

Crumble layer:
Oats flour - 1 tbsp
Whole wheat flour - 1 tbsp
Butter - 1/2 tbsp
Coconut sugar - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1/4 tsp
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Salt a pinch
Clove powder - 1/4 
Nutmeg powder - 1/4 
Method:

Mix ingredients under fruit layer and arrange in a bowl. This is for a single shot cobbler, single serve for an adult or can be shared too.
Make crumble layer by adding mixing butter with flour until the flour takes a wet sandy texture. Top the fruit layer with the crumble layer evenly and microwave in 180 C for 10 mins. You can even stream it if you are don't want the crumble to be that flaky.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oats chocolate chip cookies with peanuts

This is the the richest cookie I have ever made.  It is loaded with all that i love, peanuts and chocolate in whatever form it can exist. When it was baking in the oven my little cat was making a visit to the oven multiple times to check it's done. And the first bite right from oven almost burnt his mouth 😁 The outcome was so rewarding for the eyes and the taste buds. I dont think anyone can go wrong with this recipe.  So diving into the recipe, without more story telling.  Ingredients: All purpose flour/Whole wheat flour - 1 cup Oats flakes - rolled oats - 1/4 cup Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup Butter-1/4 cup Sugar brown - 1/2 cup packed Salt -1/4 tsp Baking powder- 1 tsp Egg - 1  Vanilla essence - 1 tsp Milk - 1 to 2 tbsp or to make a cookie dough  Method: Whisk together dry ingredients and keep aside  Whip butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla essence and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined....

Introducing me, as a food blogger!

Hello ... I am taking this opportunity to introduce myself as a food blogger. I am not new to this place; most of my friends know me as a random blogger and I am pretty much active here. This time, I am starting on a blog focussed on food. I am a passionate cook who loves to experiment a lot in food, and I appreciate and embrace almost all cuisines world wide. I am already representing a food site with my tested recipes in Facebook, but because there is no option to search for my recipes, I am sharing it here. I want all my readers to have easy access and my recipes handy 😊 As you can see, I am passionate about many things other than cooking, but cooking is something which always gives me pleasure. Cooking is my stress reliever, as one of my friend used to advice me, "Go bake a cake, you will be Alright"! I am not yet sure to call myself as a food blogger, as I think there are ton of things yet to be learned and experienced as a cook and each day is a new learning...

Pidiyum Tharavu Mappasum - Rice dumplings and Duck curry in coconut milk

My Christmas 2017 was based on traditional dishes of Kerala. You would be very familiar with the name Pidiyum Kozhiyum, which is of course one of the favorites at my home. This time I thought, let me make some difference in usual culture and thought to accompany Pidi with Tharavu mappas, which is Duck curry in coconut milk. Duck is my favorite too, and Duck items would be in my Christmas spread always. I started the day with Duck stew, which is another authentic dish of Kerala. Of course again, coconut milk, coz as Mallus we just go on lavish with Coconut milk :D This recipe is common in Christian families and a breakfast item. I being a Hindu has explored these things after my marriage, where I had a big kitchen for experimenting my things. Indeed to say, that was my experimentation lab which has gained me confidence to cook and take my passion along the way, and of course my audience has changed now, their count is more and the youngsters are ready to try out all new researches. ...