Skip to main content

Bionico - Mexican Fruit Dessert

I was looking for a dessert which is simple and healthy for today and what came to my mind was Parfait. But the day was Mexican themed and I didn't want to deviate for the dessert part and spoil my theme plan ;) I was looking for similar desserts of Mexican origin, coz I wanted an easy healthy option and has base ingredients which I already have at home. 
My search for the recipe ended in this great dessert from Mexico, The Fruit Bionico, which resembles parfait in many ingredients, just some difference in some of them. And I found an interesting factor in it and that strengthened my decision to go on with this. Yes, that is nothing but, our own freshly grated coconut :P
Bionico is on sweeter side when compared to Parfait because of its sweetner condensed milk. I had my jars saved from Frozen bottle ice cream cakes, and that helped me to give my Bionico that ramp ready look. After the layers were set up, I was going crazy with the photos, as the beauty was looking so professional in the ramp, with all her elegance :-* You know I consider food as one with life, and that's the reason whenever I prepare I used to take care of its feelings, and if you put the effort of gentle compassion, you would be surprised to see how good the outcome is.
So over to the recipe. You can pretty much understand that this is just the game of gathering things and a jar of your choice. Just layer it up and you have the lady ready for the party!

Ingredients:
Fruits - I used apple, figs, banana, raisins, cherries
Oats cookies - 1 1/2  for each jar
Shredded coconut - 1 tbsp
Greek yogurt - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Condensed milk - 1 tbsp

Method:
Chop the fruits finely, except raisins.
Cook fig in 1/4 cup water, until water is evaporated. Set aside to cool.
Mix sugar with yogurt and set aside.

In a jar put cooked figs first, cherries and raisins. Then pour half yogurt, then apples and banana with raisins cherries again. Then pour 3/4 condensed milk. Add shredded coconut and crushed cookies. Pour remaining yogurt. Add raisins cherries and crushed cookies. Top with remaining condensed milk.
Enjoy!



           



See the beauties!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grilled Chicken in Quinoa Tortilla wrap

Healthy meal preparation is so satisfying, as we know we are feeding our loved ones with clean food. When I say clean food it does mean, non processed, with balanced nutrients, and not in expense of the taste. These healthy tortilla wraps are so yummy that you will not even imagine it has so many hidden good stuffs in it. I am like my mom, she is too smart to hide the good stuffs in whatever she prepares and we will not even know what we just ate had something which we hate if given in its form. Now I have acquired that smartness too and just few days back I prepared an Avocado Mango smoothie for one of my colleague and she told, "I hate Avocados! My mom would be surprised if she comes to know that I had Avocado. But how yummy your smoothie is ! " I was glad that I could make someone eat a healthy thing which they hated ever, and my hiding skills worked out.  The same lady was fooled by my papaya halwa, she is a papaya hater too :P Fooling people is good som

Oats chocolate chip cookies with peanuts

This is the the richest cookie I have ever made.  It is loaded with all that i love, peanuts and chocolate in whatever form it can exist. When it was baking in the oven my little cat was making a visit to the oven multiple times to check it's done. And the first bite right from oven almost burnt his mouth 😁 The outcome was so rewarding for the eyes and the taste buds. I dont think anyone can go wrong with this recipe.  So diving into the recipe, without more story telling.  Ingredients: All purpose flour/Whole wheat flour - 1 cup Oats flakes - rolled oats - 1/4 cup Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup Butter-1/4 cup Sugar brown - 1/2 cup packed Salt -1/4 tsp Baking powder- 1 tsp Egg - 1  Vanilla essence - 1 tsp Milk - 1 to 2 tbsp or to make a cookie dough  Method: Whisk together dry ingredients and keep aside  Whip butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla essence and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined. Add milk one tablespoon each

Egg biryani

Biriyani - The most rated and loved dish in India. Be it north or south, biriyani fan club chain is impossible to break. Now I am going to expose one secret about me and Biriyani. I know once I reveal, there would be a lot of haters for me, but this is just my personal opinion and I am all in support for all its supporters. So the thing is growing up, the name of biriyani was like a hype which hit me, and I remember craving for biriyani back then. I used to think, oh man; who discovered this wonderful dish. But lately, I think I lost the love for biriyani, not only biriyani but sort of all Arabic food. I am not a big fan of arabic cuisine, even though the foodie in me can eat any food and respect and appreciate every cuisine; for some reason the ingredients of Arabic cuisine is not going well with my taste palette as well as tummy. But I m a big supporter of food lovers, and having the core fans of Arabic food at home, I have to prepare, but I love preparing as well. Coz for me what