Skip to main content

Eggless Oats Blueberry Peach Pancakes - No added Sugar!

And by now you know my love for English breakfasts, I don't think I need to reiterate that. Pancakes are one among them which I love the most. But because of all purpose flour, and its not so good carb content, I stay away from pancakes even if I love them so much, and just make it so occasional when my mind cannot push back my taste buds thinking about pancakes all the day.

I got over this trauma by finding the best ever pancake mix that everyone would love and try for yourself and see how good it is :) Oats the wonder complex carbs, and you will be surprised that this healthy pancake version tastes better than its Maida counterpart.

This is an option for vegetarians too, as eggs are avoided and another wonder of nature, mashed bananas are used with yogurt to get the texture. To make this version more exotic, as this was one of the breakfasts I prepared for my Gauthappan during my last vacation to home. His tastes so much matches mine, so I never had a trouble finding the best stuffs that he would enjoy to the core. Like Mommy like son :-* 
This pancake is a combination of both of ours favorite, dried blueberries and canned peaches chopped, with peach juice poured over the pancakes. I am not joking, seriously I kept the left overs in fridge taking my portion size needed for the meal, but I couldn't stop myself peeking into the fridge and take small bites from it frequently passing by the fridge every time :P


Ingredients:

Oats flour - 1 cup (I used rolled oats and powdered it in mixie)
Salt a pinch
Banana - 1 mashed
Cinnamon powder -1 1/2 tsp
Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Milk - 1/4 cup

Toppings:
Blueberries - 1/4 cup
Peaches - 1/2 cup chopped
Peach juice - 1/4 cup
Coconut oil to smear the pan each time


Method:

Mash the bananas and add milk, salt, Cinnamon powder , coconut oil, baking powder and whisk well. Now add oats flour and combine to a batter. Do not over mix.
In a pan, smear coconut oil and pour a ladle full of batter. Top with blueberries and cook till bottom side is well done. The top starts to dry out, then is when bottom is cooked well. Now flip to other side and cook for 1 min. Do not spread the batter as traditional pancakes are thick and fluffy and we want to maintain that. 

Arrange the pancakes one on top of another and pour the peach juice over it. Now, top with chopped peaches and serve.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Egg biryani

Biriyani - The most rated and loved dish in India. Be it north or south, biriyani fan club chain is impossible to break. Now I am going to expose one secret about me and Biriyani. I know once I reveal, there would be a lot of haters for me, but this is just my personal opinion and I am all in support for all its supporters. So the thing is growing up, the name of biriyani was like a hype which hit me, and I remember craving for biriyani back then. I used to think, oh man; who discovered this wonderful dish. But lately, I think I lost the love for biriyani, not only biriyani but sort of all Arabic food. I am not a big fan of arabic cuisine, even though the foodie in me can eat any food and respect and appreciate every cuisine; for some reason the ingredients of Arabic cuisine is not going well with my taste palette as well as tummy. But I m a big supporter of food lovers, and having the core fans of Arabic food at home, I have to prepare, but I love preparing as well. Coz for me what

Grilled Chicken in Quinoa Tortilla wrap

Healthy meal preparation is so satisfying, as we know we are feeding our loved ones with clean food. When I say clean food it does mean, non processed, with balanced nutrients, and not in expense of the taste. These healthy tortilla wraps are so yummy that you will not even imagine it has so many hidden good stuffs in it. I am like my mom, she is too smart to hide the good stuffs in whatever she prepares and we will not even know what we just ate had something which we hate if given in its form. Now I have acquired that smartness too and just few days back I prepared an Avocado Mango smoothie for one of my colleague and she told, "I hate Avocados! My mom would be surprised if she comes to know that I had Avocado. But how yummy your smoothie is ! " I was glad that I could make someone eat a healthy thing which they hated ever, and my hiding skills worked out.  The same lady was fooled by my papaya halwa, she is a papaya hater too :P Fooling people is good som

Oats chocolate chip cookies with peanuts

This is the the richest cookie I have ever made.  It is loaded with all that i love, peanuts and chocolate in whatever form it can exist. When it was baking in the oven my little cat was making a visit to the oven multiple times to check it's done. And the first bite right from oven almost burnt his mouth 😁 The outcome was so rewarding for the eyes and the taste buds. I dont think anyone can go wrong with this recipe.  So diving into the recipe, without more story telling.  Ingredients: All purpose flour/Whole wheat flour - 1 cup Oats flakes - rolled oats - 1/4 cup Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup Butter-1/4 cup Sugar brown - 1/2 cup packed Salt -1/4 tsp Baking powder- 1 tsp Egg - 1  Vanilla essence - 1 tsp Milk - 1 to 2 tbsp or to make a cookie dough  Method: Whisk together dry ingredients and keep aside  Whip butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla essence and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined. Add milk one tablespoon each