Skip to main content

Grocery haul story of a food blogger 😋

My new grocery store. First online order and should say satisfaction level is average. In context of freshnessi will give a 4 star ⭐️ on 5. But became average as some of items were out of stock and came to know while they delivered. Also slot timings was a bit shaky than my old grocery partner.
Should try more and see how it goes.
I thought to switch the grocery shop as lately my ever time favorite bigbasket was not keeping well with their quality and quantity. I have seen few instances of quantity mismatches and also quality is fruits and veggies going down. Will find anyways who is better and stick on to it. I would say one thing that for packaged goods you can still go with bigbasket as the discounts are better there.

I liked the wide variety of breads in nature’s basket though and also meat items which apparently was out of stock but more options were available. Also the delivery boy mentioned that I can directly place orders with store calling customer care and delivery charges would be nil then. Also it helps to get real stock picture.


#naturesbasketbangalore #bigbasketbangalore

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oats chocolate chip cookies with peanuts

This is the the richest cookie I have ever made.  It is loaded with all that i love, peanuts and chocolate in whatever form it can exist. When it was baking in the oven my little cat was making a visit to the oven multiple times to check it's done. And the first bite right from oven almost burnt his mouth 😁 The outcome was so rewarding for the eyes and the taste buds. I dont think anyone can go wrong with this recipe.  So diving into the recipe, without more story telling.  Ingredients: All purpose flour/Whole wheat flour - 1 cup Oats flakes - rolled oats - 1/4 cup Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup Butter-1/4 cup Sugar brown - 1/2 cup packed Salt -1/4 tsp Baking powder- 1 tsp Egg - 1  Vanilla essence - 1 tsp Milk - 1 to 2 tbsp or to make a cookie dough  Method: Whisk together dry ingredients and keep aside  Whip butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla essence and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined....

Inji curry - Ginger curry pickle

Inji curry is one among the dish in any Kerala Sadya spread and it is called with a name " nooru kootan" in malayalam to give the impression of impact of this dish. It means equivalent to 100 curries. You can see this man in every sadya holding the first place in the plantain leaf and is served first in the leaf based on some belief I guess. I m a big fan of Kerala sadya, of course a foodie like me loves every food and how can I miss our own Sadya, which is supposed to be the biggest spread in terms of number of side dishes and rounds it carries. A few things to make you understand about the rounds of sadya; I m from the south part of Kerala, Trivandrum which is the most famous place for veggie sadya in plantain leaf. The Sadya here consists of at least 20 side dishes in on side of leaf with Pappad, chips, fried chilly, and one side is reserved for the rounds of rice. First round of rice starts with moong dal curry and ghee. Yet another specialty of Trivandrum is this ...

Introducing me, as a food blogger!

Hello ... I am taking this opportunity to introduce myself as a food blogger. I am not new to this place; most of my friends know me as a random blogger and I am pretty much active here. This time, I am starting on a blog focussed on food. I am a passionate cook who loves to experiment a lot in food, and I appreciate and embrace almost all cuisines world wide. I am already representing a food site with my tested recipes in Facebook, but because there is no option to search for my recipes, I am sharing it here. I want all my readers to have easy access and my recipes handy 😊 As you can see, I am passionate about many things other than cooking, but cooking is something which always gives me pleasure. Cooking is my stress reliever, as one of my friend used to advice me, "Go bake a cake, you will be Alright"! I am not yet sure to call myself as a food blogger, as I think there are ton of things yet to be learned and experienced as a cook and each day is a new learning...