Skip to main content

Egg biryani


Biriyani - The most rated and loved dish in India. Be it north or south, biriyani fan club chain is impossible to break.


Now I am going to expose one secret about me and Biriyani. I know once I reveal, there would be a lot of haters for me, but this is just my personal opinion and I am all in support for all its supporters.
So the thing is growing up, the name of biriyani was like a hype which hit me, and I remember craving for biriyani back then. I used to think, oh man; who discovered this wonderful dish. But lately, I think I lost the love for biriyani, not only biriyani but sort of all Arabic food. I am not a big fan of arabic cuisine, even though the foodie in me can eat any food and respect and appreciate every cuisine; for some reason the ingredients of Arabic cuisine is not going well with my taste palette as well as tummy.

But I m a big supporter of food lovers, and having the core fans of Arabic food at home, I have to prepare, but I love preparing as well. Coz for me whatever be the cuisine, the therapy of food making is so soothing, and to see my loved ones enjoy it with so much appreciation and passionately is something I always look forward.

So let me now jump into the recipe. This particular one is the easiest, fastest to prepare , but will stand in the same level as other biriyanis. So diving into the egg biriyani making now 😋





Ingredients : 

So easy to get them, as most of them are available at any home all times.

Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Raw masalas 
Eggs - 3-4 nos , boiled
Onions - 2 large, sliced
Green chillies - 3-4 slit
Ginger/Garlic paste - 2 tsp
Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
Tomato - 2 small chopped 
Curd - 1 tbsp


Garam Masala - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Chilly powder - 3/4 tsp
Oil for sautéing

Ghee - 2 tsp 


Method : 

Soak rice for 20 mins and boil in 4 times water to rice ratio. Strain it and keep aside.

In a pan pour oil and sputter cumin seeds, and raw masalas (cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamon, nutmeg, mace etc). Add sliced onions and sauté until golden in color. Now add tomatoes and cook till mushy. Add the powders and cook for a minute. Add gingle/garlic paste and cook for another min. Now add curd and mix well. Add curry leaves and boiled eggs and combine well. Now add the cooked rice and mix it well.

Add rose water (optional) and ghee on top. Your Egg biriyani is ready to savour 😜



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oats chocolate chip cookies with peanuts

This is the the richest cookie I have ever made.  It is loaded with all that i love, peanuts and chocolate in whatever form it can exist. When it was baking in the oven my little cat was making a visit to the oven multiple times to check it's done. And the first bite right from oven almost burnt his mouth 😁 The outcome was so rewarding for the eyes and the taste buds. I dont think anyone can go wrong with this recipe.  So diving into the recipe, without more story telling.  Ingredients: All purpose flour/Whole wheat flour - 1 cup Oats flakes - rolled oats - 1/4 cup Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup Butter-1/4 cup Sugar brown - 1/2 cup packed Salt -1/4 tsp Baking powder- 1 tsp Egg - 1  Vanilla essence - 1 tsp Milk - 1 to 2 tbsp or to make a cookie dough  Method: Whisk together dry ingredients and keep aside  Whip butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla essence and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined....

Inji curry - Ginger curry pickle

Inji curry is one among the dish in any Kerala Sadya spread and it is called with a name " nooru kootan" in malayalam to give the impression of impact of this dish. It means equivalent to 100 curries. You can see this man in every sadya holding the first place in the plantain leaf and is served first in the leaf based on some belief I guess. I m a big fan of Kerala sadya, of course a foodie like me loves every food and how can I miss our own Sadya, which is supposed to be the biggest spread in terms of number of side dishes and rounds it carries. A few things to make you understand about the rounds of sadya; I m from the south part of Kerala, Trivandrum which is the most famous place for veggie sadya in plantain leaf. The Sadya here consists of at least 20 side dishes in on side of leaf with Pappad, chips, fried chilly, and one side is reserved for the rounds of rice. First round of rice starts with moong dal curry and ghee. Yet another specialty of Trivandrum is this ...

Introducing me, as a food blogger!

Hello ... I am taking this opportunity to introduce myself as a food blogger. I am not new to this place; most of my friends know me as a random blogger and I am pretty much active here. This time, I am starting on a blog focussed on food. I am a passionate cook who loves to experiment a lot in food, and I appreciate and embrace almost all cuisines world wide. I am already representing a food site with my tested recipes in Facebook, but because there is no option to search for my recipes, I am sharing it here. I want all my readers to have easy access and my recipes handy 😊 As you can see, I am passionate about many things other than cooking, but cooking is something which always gives me pleasure. Cooking is my stress reliever, as one of my friend used to advice me, "Go bake a cake, you will be Alright"! I am not yet sure to call myself as a food blogger, as I think there are ton of things yet to be learned and experienced as a cook and each day is a new learning...