Skip to main content

Tahini - The nutty sesame spread

I seem to be very much proud to present this recipe! 

This is the yummiest thing in the world is what I cried out, licking the finger dipped in my mixer to get the first taste of this creamy, heavenly, luscious dip I made at home. This can be used as a dressing, dip or even spread over your toast.
I am always a dip and dressing lover. I love my crackers, breads, and salads drenched in dips and dressings. But lately I figured out these are adding those extra not so good calories, I mean the store brought ones. 

Then I started trying to make my versions of dips, and I am so happy to see that it is even better than store brought, with all the extra vinegars and preservatives tastes. The one made at home tastes the actual ingredient.

Who will bring store brought then, if you get better results, cheaper and guilt free knowing the ingredients went through the process.

So here I am presenting my creamy Tahini which in itself turned out to be so good a spread, but the intention behind preparing this was my home made dip, Hummus. Hummus recipe is on the way. SO now to Tahini :)

Ingredients
Very simple :)
Sesame dry roasted , until light brown
Sesame oil
Pink Himalayan Salt as required
And that is it :) Wow right.

Roast your sesame seeds until light brown. Be careful here, you don't need to over roast it.
Allow to cool and pulse it in mixer until fine powder. Pulse more adding salt and sesame oil. Add oil 1 tsp at a time, until desired consistency.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oats chocolate chip cookies with peanuts

This is the the richest cookie I have ever made.  It is loaded with all that i love, peanuts and chocolate in whatever form it can exist. When it was baking in the oven my little cat was making a visit to the oven multiple times to check it's done. And the first bite right from oven almost burnt his mouth 😁 The outcome was so rewarding for the eyes and the taste buds. I dont think anyone can go wrong with this recipe.  So diving into the recipe, without more story telling.  Ingredients: All purpose flour/Whole wheat flour - 1 cup Oats flakes - rolled oats - 1/4 cup Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup Butter-1/4 cup Sugar brown - 1/2 cup packed Salt -1/4 tsp Baking powder- 1 tsp Egg - 1  Vanilla essence - 1 tsp Milk - 1 to 2 tbsp or to make a cookie dough  Method: Whisk together dry ingredients and keep aside  Whip butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla essence and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined....

Egg biryani

Biriyani - The most rated and loved dish in India. Be it north or south, biriyani fan club chain is impossible to break. Now I am going to expose one secret about me and Biriyani. I know once I reveal, there would be a lot of haters for me, but this is just my personal opinion and I am all in support for all its supporters. So the thing is growing up, the name of biriyani was like a hype which hit me, and I remember craving for biriyani back then. I used to think, oh man; who discovered this wonderful dish. But lately, I think I lost the love for biriyani, not only biriyani but sort of all Arabic food. I am not a big fan of arabic cuisine, even though the foodie in me can eat any food and respect and appreciate every cuisine; for some reason the ingredients of Arabic cuisine is not going well with my taste palette as well as tummy. But I m a big supporter of food lovers, and having the core fans of Arabic food at home, I have to prepare, but I love preparing as well. Coz for me what...

Introducing me, as a food blogger!

Hello ... I am taking this opportunity to introduce myself as a food blogger. I am not new to this place; most of my friends know me as a random blogger and I am pretty much active here. This time, I am starting on a blog focussed on food. I am a passionate cook who loves to experiment a lot in food, and I appreciate and embrace almost all cuisines world wide. I am already representing a food site with my tested recipes in Facebook, but because there is no option to search for my recipes, I am sharing it here. I want all my readers to have easy access and my recipes handy 😊 As you can see, I am passionate about many things other than cooking, but cooking is something which always gives me pleasure. Cooking is my stress reliever, as one of my friend used to advice me, "Go bake a cake, you will be Alright"! I am not yet sure to call myself as a food blogger, as I think there are ton of things yet to be learned and experienced as a cook and each day is a new learning...