Skip to main content

Chicken and Cottage cheese coriander steak with roasted veggies

My family is pure meat eaters. They can start eating meat right from the bed, from breakfast to dinner. We are even much crazy sometimes when we go out late night and hog on meats from fast foods open through out the night and mobile food vans. I wonder how our digestive system would be cursing us for it, but looks like it is in our Mallu genes to take care of that :D

Yes this is Kerala, where everyone knows a Malayali can get a meat cravings attack anytime...yes anytime :)

My boys had a heavy lunch from outside (without me), yeah that happens too when 2 of them ditch me and gang up. I unaware of all facts thought to prepare a full protein exciting dish for them, put together this, all meaty, veggie, dairy extravaganza. They were planning to skip the dinner, and I was upset about it thinking through my effort. 

But I had faith in my dish and also the Mallu blood, which can jump on this when they see it out from oven. And I would say, it was literally JUMPING on it. I had to secretly save my share of chicken, otherwise would have gone!

Anyways I am happy when others enjoy my food, so my effort did not go waste. The whole thing was finished by 3 of us in just a matter of 30 minutes. 

So over to recipe now. It is such a simple one to put together, and this will make sure you get your daily dose of protein, fiber and what else you want...yeah I know taste buds. They will thank you for this :)

Ingredients:

Chicken breasts - 6 pieces
Cottage cheese - 200 GM , cut into 2 inch cubes
Veggies - tomatoes, carrots, beans, broccoli, cauliflower, green peas, garlic cloves, zucchini , onions diced 
Olive oil - 1 tbsp

Marinade:

Yogurt - 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves - 1 cup 
Paprika powder - 2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Lemon juice - of 2 lemons
Onion powder - 1 tsp
Garlic powder - 1 tsp
Pepper powder - 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Green chillies - 8 nos


Method:

Grind all ingredients for marinade.
Make slits in chicken breast and baste the marinade. In another bowl mix cottage cheese in sans marinade. 
Keep it in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Meanwhile arrange the veggies in a baking tray and drizzle salt, pepper and olive oil. 
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. 
In another tray arrange the chicken and cottage cheese in another tray. Drizzle olive oil and bake chicken for 20 minutes each side or till golden. 
For cottage cheese, just bake for 10 mins in first side and 5 minutes other side.

You can have it as such or side it with rice or quinoa boiled.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oats chocolate chip cookies with peanuts

This is the the richest cookie I have ever made.  It is loaded with all that i love, peanuts and chocolate in whatever form it can exist. When it was baking in the oven my little cat was making a visit to the oven multiple times to check it's done. And the first bite right from oven almost burnt his mouth 😁 The outcome was so rewarding for the eyes and the taste buds. I dont think anyone can go wrong with this recipe.  So diving into the recipe, without more story telling.  Ingredients: All purpose flour/Whole wheat flour - 1 cup Oats flakes - rolled oats - 1/4 cup Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup Butter-1/4 cup Sugar brown - 1/2 cup packed Salt -1/4 tsp Baking powder- 1 tsp Egg - 1  Vanilla essence - 1 tsp Milk - 1 to 2 tbsp or to make a cookie dough  Method: Whisk together dry ingredients and keep aside  Whip butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla essence and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined....

Inji curry - Ginger curry pickle

Inji curry is one among the dish in any Kerala Sadya spread and it is called with a name " nooru kootan" in malayalam to give the impression of impact of this dish. It means equivalent to 100 curries. You can see this man in every sadya holding the first place in the plantain leaf and is served first in the leaf based on some belief I guess. I m a big fan of Kerala sadya, of course a foodie like me loves every food and how can I miss our own Sadya, which is supposed to be the biggest spread in terms of number of side dishes and rounds it carries. A few things to make you understand about the rounds of sadya; I m from the south part of Kerala, Trivandrum which is the most famous place for veggie sadya in plantain leaf. The Sadya here consists of at least 20 side dishes in on side of leaf with Pappad, chips, fried chilly, and one side is reserved for the rounds of rice. First round of rice starts with moong dal curry and ghee. Yet another specialty of Trivandrum is this ...

Introducing me, as a food blogger!

Hello ... I am taking this opportunity to introduce myself as a food blogger. I am not new to this place; most of my friends know me as a random blogger and I am pretty much active here. This time, I am starting on a blog focussed on food. I am a passionate cook who loves to experiment a lot in food, and I appreciate and embrace almost all cuisines world wide. I am already representing a food site with my tested recipes in Facebook, but because there is no option to search for my recipes, I am sharing it here. I want all my readers to have easy access and my recipes handy 😊 As you can see, I am passionate about many things other than cooking, but cooking is something which always gives me pleasure. Cooking is my stress reliever, as one of my friend used to advice me, "Go bake a cake, you will be Alright"! I am not yet sure to call myself as a food blogger, as I think there are ton of things yet to be learned and experienced as a cook and each day is a new learning...