Skip to main content

Apple 🍎 cranberry cinnamon overnight oats

This is for all my health freak ladies out there. Don't think I m gender biased, but I usually feel like ladies would prefer such dishes than Men, as Men have their own way of keeping themselves healthy. We ladies are a little complicated, and we like complications in everything we do.



We love to plan our healthy meals, cook ourselves, coz again good things never comes simply. Just like us ladies who are such wonderful things in this world and brought to this world with lot of complications for the poor simple Man to deal with :P

Other part to why ladies like cooking themselves and eating is because of her trust issues ...lol. I bet an average woman brain would do at least 100 reasoning before she picks up what she wants, but a man again he trusts soon :D


Jokes apart cooking food ourselves and having is such a satisfaction which you won't ever get in any store brought stuffs. It is the way to responsible cooking and eating too.


But this new world is really fast, where we try to wrap up each day going through lot of bonkers from morning to night, and there isn't time to pamper ourselves or try out something sophisticated. So all my smoothies, overnight oats, chia puddings are the quick fix ways that can be used by working women like me. Yes, 5 minutes is what we need to putting it all together, and you know the happiness when we open this in office for breakfast? These little things brings a big wholehearted smile in me...

I think these recipes will make your life also easier, healthier, contented and of course that big smile on your faces. After all, bringing smile to someone's life is such a good thing to do, and as a food blogger I can accomplish that mission through my recipes only. That's my way of making people smile; cooking, sharing recipes and feeding the food I cooked, just to see that smile on my face, my readers face and yup my loved ones too :)


Ingredients:

Oats - 30 gm
Flavored Almond milk - 1/4 cup
Curd or Yogurt - 1 tbsp
Banana 🍌 few pieces
Dried cranberries
Half an apple 🍎
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
Soaked peeled almonds - 4 nos

I used rolled oats and Epigamia Artisanal curd is one among my new curd/yogurt obsessions.

Method:

In a bowl mash the bananas. Then add oats and milk and give it a stir. Add curd/yogurt and cinnamon powder, dried cranberries and mix well.

I used a mason jar for refrigerating the mix overnight. Pour the mixture to mason jar, close the lid and let it be in refrigerator over night.

Morning just add the apples, almonds and cranberries just before you pack them, or carry the toppings separately and add when you have it.


See how the lovely rolled oats soaked up all that liquid overnight :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Egg biryani

Biriyani - The most rated and loved dish in India. Be it north or south, biriyani fan club chain is impossible to break. Now I am going to expose one secret about me and Biriyani. I know once I reveal, there would be a lot of haters for me, but this is just my personal opinion and I am all in support for all its supporters. So the thing is growing up, the name of biriyani was like a hype which hit me, and I remember craving for biriyani back then. I used to think, oh man; who discovered this wonderful dish. But lately, I think I lost the love for biriyani, not only biriyani but sort of all Arabic food. I am not a big fan of arabic cuisine, even though the foodie in me can eat any food and respect and appreciate every cuisine; for some reason the ingredients of Arabic cuisine is not going well with my taste palette as well as tummy. But I m a big supporter of food lovers, and having the core fans of Arabic food at home, I have to prepare, but I love preparing as well. Coz for me what

Grilled Chicken in Quinoa Tortilla wrap

Healthy meal preparation is so satisfying, as we know we are feeding our loved ones with clean food. When I say clean food it does mean, non processed, with balanced nutrients, and not in expense of the taste. These healthy tortilla wraps are so yummy that you will not even imagine it has so many hidden good stuffs in it. I am like my mom, she is too smart to hide the good stuffs in whatever she prepares and we will not even know what we just ate had something which we hate if given in its form. Now I have acquired that smartness too and just few days back I prepared an Avocado Mango smoothie for one of my colleague and she told, "I hate Avocados! My mom would be surprised if she comes to know that I had Avocado. But how yummy your smoothie is ! " I was glad that I could make someone eat a healthy thing which they hated ever, and my hiding skills worked out.  The same lady was fooled by my papaya halwa, she is a papaya hater too :P Fooling people is good som

Oats chocolate chip cookies with peanuts

This is the the richest cookie I have ever made.  It is loaded with all that i love, peanuts and chocolate in whatever form it can exist. When it was baking in the oven my little cat was making a visit to the oven multiple times to check it's done. And the first bite right from oven almost burnt his mouth 😁 The outcome was so rewarding for the eyes and the taste buds. I dont think anyone can go wrong with this recipe.  So diving into the recipe, without more story telling.  Ingredients: All purpose flour/Whole wheat flour - 1 cup Oats flakes - rolled oats - 1/4 cup Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup Butter-1/4 cup Sugar brown - 1/2 cup packed Salt -1/4 tsp Baking powder- 1 tsp Egg - 1  Vanilla essence - 1 tsp Milk - 1 to 2 tbsp or to make a cookie dough  Method: Whisk together dry ingredients and keep aside  Whip butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla essence and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined. Add milk one tablespoon each