Skip to main content

Calzones - Mushroom Gravy filled

Calzone's are my hubby's favorite, of course he loves all those curry stuffed breads. I also love baking them as you know my love for the smell of yeast and sugar in freshly baked breads.
Gauthu likes it, but every time he gives up in half way coz it's too much for his little tummy to take :* 

This time I made mushroom curry filled calzones and my little chef helped with the designs, you can see in the pictures below, the cute little hands making designs :* Mushroom is yet another favorite of mine, oh those lovely button mushrooms when sauteed is heaven! Gauthu was with me the entire preparation time, like an obedient student carefully listening when I was explaining the science of making bread, the two step proofing and stuffs.



                                                   
This was made as an evening snack, but of course this will cover up your dinner too because of its huge, filling and satisfying. This is definitely something to be tried and you won't regret for effort, because of it is such an easy recipe, but looks fancy and a very complicated bakery. You will get the star chef medal from your loved ones, for your culinary arts.


   
Ingredients :
Bread dough  (Home Made brown bread recipe) I used All purpose flour instead of wheat for calzone bread.

Filling

Mushrooms - 2 cups Garlic chopped - 1 tbsp
Onion - chopped - 1/4 cup
Tomato chopped - 1 nos
Capsicum or jalapeño chopped - 2 tbsp
Italian seasoning - 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for sauting
Egg wash - 1 egg and 2 tbsp water


Method :
Bread dough making is in my previous recipe.
For filling, saute onions and garlic for 2 mins. Add mushroom and cook till moisture is gone. Add seasoning and salt. Cool the mix completely.

Roll the bread thick after first proofing. Fill one side of it and cover with other side. Seal the edges with fork for the beautiful design and fool proof locking.

Egg wash the calzones and bake in 180 C in a preheated oven for 30 mins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oats chocolate chip cookies with peanuts

This is the the richest cookie I have ever made.  It is loaded with all that i love, peanuts and chocolate in whatever form it can exist. When it was baking in the oven my little cat was making a visit to the oven multiple times to check it's done. And the first bite right from oven almost burnt his mouth 😁 The outcome was so rewarding for the eyes and the taste buds. I dont think anyone can go wrong with this recipe.  So diving into the recipe, without more story telling.  Ingredients: All purpose flour/Whole wheat flour - 1 cup Oats flakes - rolled oats - 1/4 cup Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup Butter-1/4 cup Sugar brown - 1/2 cup packed Salt -1/4 tsp Baking powder- 1 tsp Egg - 1  Vanilla essence - 1 tsp Milk - 1 to 2 tbsp or to make a cookie dough  Method: Whisk together dry ingredients and keep aside  Whip butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla essence and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined....

Introducing me, as a food blogger!

Hello ... I am taking this opportunity to introduce myself as a food blogger. I am not new to this place; most of my friends know me as a random blogger and I am pretty much active here. This time, I am starting on a blog focussed on food. I am a passionate cook who loves to experiment a lot in food, and I appreciate and embrace almost all cuisines world wide. I am already representing a food site with my tested recipes in Facebook, but because there is no option to search for my recipes, I am sharing it here. I want all my readers to have easy access and my recipes handy 😊 As you can see, I am passionate about many things other than cooking, but cooking is something which always gives me pleasure. Cooking is my stress reliever, as one of my friend used to advice me, "Go bake a cake, you will be Alright"! I am not yet sure to call myself as a food blogger, as I think there are ton of things yet to be learned and experienced as a cook and each day is a new learning...

Pidiyum Tharavu Mappasum - Rice dumplings and Duck curry in coconut milk

My Christmas 2017 was based on traditional dishes of Kerala. You would be very familiar with the name Pidiyum Kozhiyum, which is of course one of the favorites at my home. This time I thought, let me make some difference in usual culture and thought to accompany Pidi with Tharavu mappas, which is Duck curry in coconut milk. Duck is my favorite too, and Duck items would be in my Christmas spread always. I started the day with Duck stew, which is another authentic dish of Kerala. Of course again, coconut milk, coz as Mallus we just go on lavish with Coconut milk :D This recipe is common in Christian families and a breakfast item. I being a Hindu has explored these things after my marriage, where I had a big kitchen for experimenting my things. Indeed to say, that was my experimentation lab which has gained me confidence to cook and take my passion along the way, and of course my audience has changed now, their count is more and the youngsters are ready to try out all new researches. ...