Skip to main content

Ceaser Salad dressing - Veg

I tried my first Ceaser salad at this age, as I was not aware of such a salad until this time and I felt I was missing something in my life till then, not knowing this dish. The first trial was from Byli, which is turning out to be one of my favorite places now. It was when my friends came down to stay with me and I was given the job of ordering the dishes before they reach the restaurant.

The menu in Byli is so interesting that I can just go over it again and again without getting bored. I would stop at salads section to take a sneak peek always, coz salads are the healthiest option for the big appetite and I love them. I was reading through the ingredients mentioned and my eyes just stopped at one thing. The anchovies! it was written "Sun dried Anchovies". A Malayali would understand the real feeling I guess. For others to know, anchovies are our favorite fish, and treated as one among us rather than a fish ..Lol.
I had no idea what the Ceaser name of salad really mattered in the dish. But when the salad was served is when I realized it's the dressing which is striking in it. Even the anchovies goes in the dressing part. It was a huge plate of salad and that day I fell in love with  "The Ceaser  Salad." 

This continued all the way to US, where I was mostly eating different salads each day and the best Ceaser salad I had is from a cafe in NY. I forgot the name though, it is somewhere near to Statue of Liberty, from where the Cruises start. I think they have a secret sauce, coz I couldn't even guess the ingredients in it. Again so filling with all the lettuce, chicken chunks, croutons and the heavenly dressing.
During my fasting time I wanted to try a veg version of it with my favorite veggie salad and I found my own version which turned out not less than the original one.  Of course the anchovies were missing though☺️

So dig into my recipe now and see whether you liked it.

Ingredients:
Yogurt - 2 tbsp
Fresh cream - 2 tsp
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Mustard paste - 1 tsp
Vinegar - 1 tsp
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Garlic, minced - 8 pods
Olive oil - 1 tbsp

Method:
Just mix all ingredients and refrigerate until use. See, it's as simple as that ;)

Note: You have to refrigerate at least 2 hours before use.
Garlic quantity is based on my preference as I like its taste prominent in the dish. Medium spiciness would be 4 to 5 pods. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Egg biryani

Biriyani - The most rated and loved dish in India. Be it north or south, biriyani fan club chain is impossible to break. Now I am going to expose one secret about me and Biriyani. I know once I reveal, there would be a lot of haters for me, but this is just my personal opinion and I am all in support for all its supporters. So the thing is growing up, the name of biriyani was like a hype which hit me, and I remember craving for biriyani back then. I used to think, oh man; who discovered this wonderful dish. But lately, I think I lost the love for biriyani, not only biriyani but sort of all Arabic food. I am not a big fan of arabic cuisine, even though the foodie in me can eat any food and respect and appreciate every cuisine; for some reason the ingredients of Arabic cuisine is not going well with my taste palette as well as tummy. But I m a big supporter of food lovers, and having the core fans of Arabic food at home, I have to prepare, but I love preparing as well. Coz for me what

Grilled Chicken in Quinoa Tortilla wrap

Healthy meal preparation is so satisfying, as we know we are feeding our loved ones with clean food. When I say clean food it does mean, non processed, with balanced nutrients, and not in expense of the taste. These healthy tortilla wraps are so yummy that you will not even imagine it has so many hidden good stuffs in it. I am like my mom, she is too smart to hide the good stuffs in whatever she prepares and we will not even know what we just ate had something which we hate if given in its form. Now I have acquired that smartness too and just few days back I prepared an Avocado Mango smoothie for one of my colleague and she told, "I hate Avocados! My mom would be surprised if she comes to know that I had Avocado. But how yummy your smoothie is ! " I was glad that I could make someone eat a healthy thing which they hated ever, and my hiding skills worked out.  The same lady was fooled by my papaya halwa, she is a papaya hater too :P Fooling people is good som

Oats chocolate chip cookies with peanuts

This is the the richest cookie I have ever made.  It is loaded with all that i love, peanuts and chocolate in whatever form it can exist. When it was baking in the oven my little cat was making a visit to the oven multiple times to check it's done. And the first bite right from oven almost burnt his mouth 😁 The outcome was so rewarding for the eyes and the taste buds. I dont think anyone can go wrong with this recipe.  So diving into the recipe, without more story telling.  Ingredients: All purpose flour/Whole wheat flour - 1 cup Oats flakes - rolled oats - 1/4 cup Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup Butter-1/4 cup Sugar brown - 1/2 cup packed Salt -1/4 tsp Baking powder- 1 tsp Egg - 1  Vanilla essence - 1 tsp Milk - 1 to 2 tbsp or to make a cookie dough  Method: Whisk together dry ingredients and keep aside  Whip butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla essence and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined. Add milk one tablespoon each