Skip to main content

Besan Rava Ladoo

I am a fan of North Indian sweets even some of them are too sweet for me. Apart from the sweetness the other ingredients are so tempting like, Malai, nuts, and ghee roasted flavors. So this weekend was in a light health mode and all I wanted was to put a break to health for a day and indulge myself in some junks too. The so called "Cheat day".
Among the junks I preferred making this ladoos as it cannot be completely named as junk and it's prepared at home too. I can stop me having the other junk foods outside like KFC and all, coz it would end my day up in a huge regret. Homemade foods have the privilege of having a check on how much you have to put each ingredient to make it little guilt free.
So for those who does not know, besan is Chick pea flour and Rava is Semolina. Both are great sources of protein and fiber, so these ladoos are great for people who hate besan and rava otherwise as in these ladoos you won't feel the tastes separately.

Shelf life is also pretty good as the flours are roasted. It can live in room temperature for 3 days and 1 week in refrigerator.
Ingredients: 

Besan - 1/2 cup
Rava - 1/2 cup
Ghee - 3/4 cup
Powdered Jaggery - 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp
Water 1/4 cup
Raisins
Almonds

Method:
Pour half ghee in a pan fry the besan flour, until raw taste is gone. This would take 7 to 8 minutes, when it turns golden brown. Keep it aside. Repeat the same for rava as well.
In the same pan pour water and jaggery and cook in till 2 thread consistency. Add the cooked besan and rava to it and mix well. Allow it to cool for 5 minutes, then it takes a wet sand form. Drizzle a little bit water and make balls out of it.  Cool and use it.


Note:  if the mix is too sandy we cannot make ladoos and that's the reason we drizzle a little bit water. Make sure you don't add more water. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oats chocolate chip cookies with peanuts

This is the the richest cookie I have ever made.  It is loaded with all that i love, peanuts and chocolate in whatever form it can exist. When it was baking in the oven my little cat was making a visit to the oven multiple times to check it's done. And the first bite right from oven almost burnt his mouth 😁 The outcome was so rewarding for the eyes and the taste buds. I dont think anyone can go wrong with this recipe.  So diving into the recipe, without more story telling.  Ingredients: All purpose flour/Whole wheat flour - 1 cup Oats flakes - rolled oats - 1/4 cup Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup Butter-1/4 cup Sugar brown - 1/2 cup packed Salt -1/4 tsp Baking powder- 1 tsp Egg - 1  Vanilla essence - 1 tsp Milk - 1 to 2 tbsp or to make a cookie dough  Method: Whisk together dry ingredients and keep aside  Whip butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla essence and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined....

Inji curry - Ginger curry pickle

Inji curry is one among the dish in any Kerala Sadya spread and it is called with a name " nooru kootan" in malayalam to give the impression of impact of this dish. It means equivalent to 100 curries. You can see this man in every sadya holding the first place in the plantain leaf and is served first in the leaf based on some belief I guess. I m a big fan of Kerala sadya, of course a foodie like me loves every food and how can I miss our own Sadya, which is supposed to be the biggest spread in terms of number of side dishes and rounds it carries. A few things to make you understand about the rounds of sadya; I m from the south part of Kerala, Trivandrum which is the most famous place for veggie sadya in plantain leaf. The Sadya here consists of at least 20 side dishes in on side of leaf with Pappad, chips, fried chilly, and one side is reserved for the rounds of rice. First round of rice starts with moong dal curry and ghee. Yet another specialty of Trivandrum is this ...

Introducing me, as a food blogger!

Hello ... I am taking this opportunity to introduce myself as a food blogger. I am not new to this place; most of my friends know me as a random blogger and I am pretty much active here. This time, I am starting on a blog focussed on food. I am a passionate cook who loves to experiment a lot in food, and I appreciate and embrace almost all cuisines world wide. I am already representing a food site with my tested recipes in Facebook, but because there is no option to search for my recipes, I am sharing it here. I want all my readers to have easy access and my recipes handy 😊 As you can see, I am passionate about many things other than cooking, but cooking is something which always gives me pleasure. Cooking is my stress reliever, as one of my friend used to advice me, "Go bake a cake, you will be Alright"! I am not yet sure to call myself as a food blogger, as I think there are ton of things yet to be learned and experienced as a cook and each day is a new learning...