Skip to main content

Hot Chocolate - Ginger bread Spiced

Everyone out there, who are in my circle knows my love affair with this guy and I don't think I have to now officially publish this message. My obsession, my love Hot Chocolate! Chocolates were my love growing up too, nevertheless to mention, every kid would love chocolate. But I was never a person with sweet tooth, I loved all the savory things stuffed in the bakery slides and used to drool over it, because at my home my health guide Mom had a very big 'No' for bakery stuffs.

But lately I realized that my love for chocolate is not just an infatuation as a kid, but it is so real and when I say chocolate, it is not every chocolate out there. It is the purest, darkest chocolates with more than 70% cocoa in it. Some of my favorites being the Belgian made Godiva, Lindt bars and Lindors in dark chocolate flavor. I will munch over a 90% Lindt bar just like that and my friends called me crazy when they tasted and blamed me for spoiling their mouth :-| I don't have any rationale towards International brands, but it is so rare to find a dark chocolate in India. Bournville is one which I can get it here which claims to have 50% cocoa.

When talking about chocolates, more than the Chocolate, it is the Cocoa part in it I am interested in. All my baking recipes calls for the purest unsweetened Cocoa powder which gives you the deep, luscious flavor for which you can spoil yourself. Hersheys and Weikfield are my favorite unsweetened Cocoa brands, the ones I used till now and the best I experienced.

So coming back to hot chocolate drink, you would have seen there won't be any of my weekends without a pic of hot chocolate and me hugging each other, yeah I am so much in love. Even though there are many variations I prepared at home, I never had put my recipe over here. So today being a fine day to disclose our relationship and the request from one of my pals for the recipe, I started writing down about this guy.

So this ginger bread spices flavor is a hit at home and today when I took my first sip, I called my hubby and told him, "See I wish you were here, coz I cannot even explain how awesome stuff I have just made". Yes, it was so awesome and it ended with licking around the edges of my coffee mug. I started researching over hot chocolate flavors too, so you can get to see more of its kind soon. So here it goes the ginger bread spiced hot chocolate.

Ingredients:
Milk - 1 cup
Fresh cream - 2 tbsp
Unsweetened Cocoa powder - 1 tbsp
Jaggery powder - 2 tsp
Ginger powder - 1/4 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 1/4 tsp
Clove powder - 1/4 tsp
Nutmeg powder - 1/4 tsp
Dark chocolate slab, chopped - 1 tbsp +  1 tsp shavings for topping
Whipping cream - 1 tsp
Chocolate syrup - just a drizzle
A little heart - for my love :)

Method:
Heat all ingredients together, except Chocolate shavings, syrup, whipping cream and little hearts, until simmer. Pour the hot chocolate in your coffee mug.Pour the whipping cream and give a gentle stir at top. You can also whip the cream and pipe it. Now drizzle with chocolate sauce, then shavings, and the little heart to finish it off.

Dive into the divine :-*
 Note : I powdered every spice at home rather than buying the powders. It is always recommended to do that to get the full flavor of any spice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oats chocolate chip cookies with peanuts

This is the the richest cookie I have ever made.  It is loaded with all that i love, peanuts and chocolate in whatever form it can exist. When it was baking in the oven my little cat was making a visit to the oven multiple times to check it's done. And the first bite right from oven almost burnt his mouth 😁 The outcome was so rewarding for the eyes and the taste buds. I dont think anyone can go wrong with this recipe.  So diving into the recipe, without more story telling.  Ingredients: All purpose flour/Whole wheat flour - 1 cup Oats flakes - rolled oats - 1/4 cup Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup Butter-1/4 cup Sugar brown - 1/2 cup packed Salt -1/4 tsp Baking powder- 1 tsp Egg - 1  Vanilla essence - 1 tsp Milk - 1 to 2 tbsp or to make a cookie dough  Method: Whisk together dry ingredients and keep aside  Whip butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla essence and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined....

Inji curry - Ginger curry pickle

Inji curry is one among the dish in any Kerala Sadya spread and it is called with a name " nooru kootan" in malayalam to give the impression of impact of this dish. It means equivalent to 100 curries. You can see this man in every sadya holding the first place in the plantain leaf and is served first in the leaf based on some belief I guess. I m a big fan of Kerala sadya, of course a foodie like me loves every food and how can I miss our own Sadya, which is supposed to be the biggest spread in terms of number of side dishes and rounds it carries. A few things to make you understand about the rounds of sadya; I m from the south part of Kerala, Trivandrum which is the most famous place for veggie sadya in plantain leaf. The Sadya here consists of at least 20 side dishes in on side of leaf with Pappad, chips, fried chilly, and one side is reserved for the rounds of rice. First round of rice starts with moong dal curry and ghee. Yet another specialty of Trivandrum is this ...

Introducing me, as a food blogger!

Hello ... I am taking this opportunity to introduce myself as a food blogger. I am not new to this place; most of my friends know me as a random blogger and I am pretty much active here. This time, I am starting on a blog focussed on food. I am a passionate cook who loves to experiment a lot in food, and I appreciate and embrace almost all cuisines world wide. I am already representing a food site with my tested recipes in Facebook, but because there is no option to search for my recipes, I am sharing it here. I want all my readers to have easy access and my recipes handy 😊 As you can see, I am passionate about many things other than cooking, but cooking is something which always gives me pleasure. Cooking is my stress reliever, as one of my friend used to advice me, "Go bake a cake, you will be Alright"! I am not yet sure to call myself as a food blogger, as I think there are ton of things yet to be learned and experienced as a cook and each day is a new learning...