Skip to main content

Fish steak

As said in my previous posts my little boy is a fan of fish recipes. And when it comes to steaks, he doesn't have a second option. This time I prepared the steak with asparagus and a sweet tangy sauce prepared at home and I had a guest at my home, my almost and always welcomed guest, yes my bestie Annie. The entire day cooking was done chit chatting with her, she being the moral support for all the experimenting. When we are together, there is not even a single moment without talking and cracking jokes.
The fish of my choice for steaks is one with thick flesh and which can be cut without thorns easily. I used seer fish fillets this time. The sauce preparation was instant and there was no plan on what all should go in it. I opened my refrigerator and found apple cider vinegar, and the common sauces, mustard paste, and onion powder and I decided, ahh ok, I am gonna toss my fish fillets in this and try out the steak.
 This fish steak went for a 2 step baking. First of all in the baking tray with the fish in sauces, asparagus and a generous  drizzle if olive oil. The second time it went on high heat in sizzler pan.
I served this fish steak with home made brown bread and white sauce. And I haven't seen any pieces left over, right after 10 mins I started serving :D It turned out the best fish steak I ever made.

Over to the recipe now.

Ingredients:
Fish, cut into 1 cm thick fillets - 6 pieces
Asparagus, cut into 3 cm length - 5 to 6
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
For sauce
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Apple cider vinegar - 1 tbsp
Chilly sauce - 2 tsp
Tomato ketchup - 1 tbsp
Soya sauce - 1 tbsp
Pepper coarse powder - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Onion powder - 2 tsp
Mustard paste - 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
Italian seasoning mix - 1 tsp

Method:
Mix all ingredients of sauce and keep aside.
Marinate fish in sauce for 30 minutes. Arrange the fish pieces in a tray with asparagus. Drizzle with olive oil and bake at 170 C in a preheated oven, for 15 minutes each side.
Before serving bake the fish second time in sizzler plan with cooked sauce at high heat, at 200 C for 3 to 4 mins. Serve hot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oats chocolate chip cookies with peanuts

This is the the richest cookie I have ever made.  It is loaded with all that i love, peanuts and chocolate in whatever form it can exist. When it was baking in the oven my little cat was making a visit to the oven multiple times to check it's done. And the first bite right from oven almost burnt his mouth 😁 The outcome was so rewarding for the eyes and the taste buds. I dont think anyone can go wrong with this recipe.  So diving into the recipe, without more story telling.  Ingredients: All purpose flour/Whole wheat flour - 1 cup Oats flakes - rolled oats - 1/4 cup Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup Butter-1/4 cup Sugar brown - 1/2 cup packed Salt -1/4 tsp Baking powder- 1 tsp Egg - 1  Vanilla essence - 1 tsp Milk - 1 to 2 tbsp or to make a cookie dough  Method: Whisk together dry ingredients and keep aside  Whip butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla essence and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined....

Inji curry - Ginger curry pickle

Inji curry is one among the dish in any Kerala Sadya spread and it is called with a name " nooru kootan" in malayalam to give the impression of impact of this dish. It means equivalent to 100 curries. You can see this man in every sadya holding the first place in the plantain leaf and is served first in the leaf based on some belief I guess. I m a big fan of Kerala sadya, of course a foodie like me loves every food and how can I miss our own Sadya, which is supposed to be the biggest spread in terms of number of side dishes and rounds it carries. A few things to make you understand about the rounds of sadya; I m from the south part of Kerala, Trivandrum which is the most famous place for veggie sadya in plantain leaf. The Sadya here consists of at least 20 side dishes in on side of leaf with Pappad, chips, fried chilly, and one side is reserved for the rounds of rice. First round of rice starts with moong dal curry and ghee. Yet another specialty of Trivandrum is this ...

Introducing me, as a food blogger!

Hello ... I am taking this opportunity to introduce myself as a food blogger. I am not new to this place; most of my friends know me as a random blogger and I am pretty much active here. This time, I am starting on a blog focussed on food. I am a passionate cook who loves to experiment a lot in food, and I appreciate and embrace almost all cuisines world wide. I am already representing a food site with my tested recipes in Facebook, but because there is no option to search for my recipes, I am sharing it here. I want all my readers to have easy access and my recipes handy 😊 As you can see, I am passionate about many things other than cooking, but cooking is something which always gives me pleasure. Cooking is my stress reliever, as one of my friend used to advice me, "Go bake a cake, you will be Alright"! I am not yet sure to call myself as a food blogger, as I think there are ton of things yet to be learned and experienced as a cook and each day is a new learning...