Skip to main content

Chocolate Ice-cream - Hide and Seek flavor

This is the best ever chocolate ice cream I made till now. And of course I got a very good response from both my boys, especially my big boy. This was the comment made by him, that too to my parents. "I have never tasted such an awesome ice cream in my life" and to me, "ice cream kidilam aayitund", meaning, ice cream is superb. The colloquial word "kidilam" is a mallus feeling, to express something is superb. And this word has the power to touch the right neurons :)

So this ice cream was part of my 2018 new year late night baking cooking, where I planned all chocolatey stuffs, brownies and the extravaganza of chocolate chips, hide n seek choco chips, and lot of home made dark chocolate syrup.
My little boy was giving me company when my hubby was out with his friends for new year party, saying, "amma, I don't feel like sleeping today. Today is new year and whole night we can bake and make stuffs in kitchen". But that excitement of helping me in kitchen, soon vanished once he saw his achan back ;) anyway we did finish the brownies and ice cream and soon slipped into a nice sleep because of all that hard work :)
So over to the recipe now, where you can see it was not planned to be like this, but just each step adding as ad-hoc then and there.
Seeing this, Gauthappan screamed. oh no, Achan took the major portion of it :D

Ingredients:
Whipping cream - 500 ml or 2 cups
Icing sugar - 1/4 cup
Condensed milk - 1/4 cup
Home made chocolate sauce
Dark chocolate chopped - 1/4 cup
Cocoa powder, unsweetened - 1/4 cup
Butter - 2 tbsp
White granulated Sugar - 1/4 cup
Layers (your choice on how much to add. Below is what I used)
Dark chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
Hide and seek, choco chips flavor - 12 nos

Method:
Mix all ingredients for home made chocolate sauce in a double boiler and set aside to cool.
Whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks forms. Add condensed milk and icing sugar to it. Mix well. Now add home made chocolate sauce and mix well.
In a tin to set ice cream, pour the cream mix a little and top with chopped hide and seek and chocolate chips. Repeat the process, top layer with biscuits n chocolate chips. Refrigerate it over night. Serve chilled.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Egg biryani

Biriyani - The most rated and loved dish in India. Be it north or south, biriyani fan club chain is impossible to break. Now I am going to expose one secret about me and Biriyani. I know once I reveal, there would be a lot of haters for me, but this is just my personal opinion and I am all in support for all its supporters. So the thing is growing up, the name of biriyani was like a hype which hit me, and I remember craving for biriyani back then. I used to think, oh man; who discovered this wonderful dish. But lately, I think I lost the love for biriyani, not only biriyani but sort of all Arabic food. I am not a big fan of arabic cuisine, even though the foodie in me can eat any food and respect and appreciate every cuisine; for some reason the ingredients of Arabic cuisine is not going well with my taste palette as well as tummy. But I m a big supporter of food lovers, and having the core fans of Arabic food at home, I have to prepare, but I love preparing as well. Coz for me what

Grilled Chicken in Quinoa Tortilla wrap

Healthy meal preparation is so satisfying, as we know we are feeding our loved ones with clean food. When I say clean food it does mean, non processed, with balanced nutrients, and not in expense of the taste. These healthy tortilla wraps are so yummy that you will not even imagine it has so many hidden good stuffs in it. I am like my mom, she is too smart to hide the good stuffs in whatever she prepares and we will not even know what we just ate had something which we hate if given in its form. Now I have acquired that smartness too and just few days back I prepared an Avocado Mango smoothie for one of my colleague and she told, "I hate Avocados! My mom would be surprised if she comes to know that I had Avocado. But how yummy your smoothie is ! " I was glad that I could make someone eat a healthy thing which they hated ever, and my hiding skills worked out.  The same lady was fooled by my papaya halwa, she is a papaya hater too :P Fooling people is good som

Oats chocolate chip cookies with peanuts

This is the the richest cookie I have ever made.  It is loaded with all that i love, peanuts and chocolate in whatever form it can exist. When it was baking in the oven my little cat was making a visit to the oven multiple times to check it's done. And the first bite right from oven almost burnt his mouth 😁 The outcome was so rewarding for the eyes and the taste buds. I dont think anyone can go wrong with this recipe.  So diving into the recipe, without more story telling.  Ingredients: All purpose flour/Whole wheat flour - 1 cup Oats flakes - rolled oats - 1/4 cup Cocoa powder - 1/4 cup Butter-1/4 cup Sugar brown - 1/2 cup packed Salt -1/4 tsp Baking powder- 1 tsp Egg - 1  Vanilla essence - 1 tsp Milk - 1 to 2 tbsp or to make a cookie dough  Method: Whisk together dry ingredients and keep aside  Whip butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.  Add egg and vanilla essence and mix. Add dry ingredients and mix gently until well combined. Add milk one tablespoon each